Wednesday, June 10, 2009

A Day Off

Today I took a much-needed day off. One tough thing about running your own business is that you're never actually done with work...or at least that's on of my difficulties. When I worked for "The Man" in Corporate America, I had clean-cut hours. When five o'clock rolled around I was out of there and didn't plan on thinking about work again until eight the next morning.

My Day off in a nutshell:
  • slept in till 7:30
  • enjoyed breakfast while watching the CBS Early Show (love those guys)
  • finished "The Glass Castle" by Jeannette Walls - I HIGHLY recommend it.
  • Bank, Grocery store, Lunch
  • Went to see the Pixar movie "Up" - It was pretty good...not my favorite Pixar flick.
  • Shopped quickly for some running shorts with no avail.
After taking in The Early Show, "The Glass Castle," and "Up," I felt like I needed to give back a little, so here I am blogging.

It's certainly one of the most boring blogs I've ever written. Admittedly, I've got far deeper issues on my brain right now, which have also been contributing heavily to my great need for a day off. I just don't really feel like putting them on screen yet...maybe in the near future...maybe not.

Tonight I'll run as usual with the East Nasties, we'll grab a few beers afterward for our recovery drinks, and then, if it doesn't rain, perhaps I'll attend Movies in the Park at Centennial Park here in Nashville. We'll see. I'm actually itching to start another book.

Well, sorry for a lame post. I'll do better next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment