Saturday, February 7, 2009

Fu-Graham-Chu & "El Bigote"

Once again, I have been remiss in my blogging responsibilities. Believe it or not, I've actually been so busy working lately that I haven't had a lot of time.

I'm watching my Saturday morning cartoons right now and getting ready to go to running club. Today, I'm actually going to run TO running club. It feels much more exciting to actually run TO a place rather than just running from a place only to return to it.

El Bigote

(FYI: "El Bigote" means "the mustache" in Spanish. It's what we refer to as a "false-cognate." It looks like the word "bigot" but means something beautiful as opposed to something terrible. This is MY blog - don't argue.)

I finally decided this week that it was time to shave the beard that I've been growing for a few months now. I've had a few ladies recently express their slight envy at the idea of guys being able to shave their faces and change their looks so severely. It's also low-risk in that if it isn't a nice change of pace, you can just shave it all off and start over again. Yep - it's awesome - no doubt about it.

That being said, it felt awfully wasteful to shave EVERYthing off all at once, so I did this:



As you may have guessed, I think it's TOTALLY AMAZING! Naturally, I immediately changed my profile picture on facebook to see what my friends thought, which incurred more responses than when I was voted Nashville's #1 Handyman in the Nashville Scene Readers' Poll.

The jury is still out and the polls seem to be split down the middle. There doesn't appear to be any middle ground at all. Everything looks either like this:
"That stash is frightening...."
or this:
"Amazing facial hair! Four thumbs up!"
For the record, the only negative responses I've gotten are from females. Why so negative ladies?

So, what's the verdict peoples?!? Shave or Save?!?!?


Just for giggles - my dad's old album cover. He's actually about my age in this picture.


It needs to be explained that the Stoner mustache is a rite of passage. Grampy Stoner, my dad's brothers, and my own dad all rock some version of a mustache, and they do it oh-so-well. So, it only took me 27+ years to reach manhood...I wonder what's in store next.

3 comments:

  1. "Fu-Graham-Chu" = AMAZING, Graham! I mean, the name. The actual stache? Well, okay, it's amazing, too.

    Ladies: it looks even more amazing in person. Hilariously awesomely amazing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I personally like it... but my decade may be showing.

    However, that said... with a do-rag or ball cap... it's a little "My Name Is Earl".

    With a turtleneck and/or British tweed cap - it's mod (not retro - ick)... and rather intriguing.

    http://cn1.kaboodle.com/hi/img/2/0/0/12b/c/AAAAAqKr7UUAAAAAASvNWw.jpg

    ReplyDelete