Wednesday, January 5, 2011

I think I feel a pulse...

Dear blog-world - It's been 313 days since my last confession.

I kind of picture today's blog like so many movie scenes where somebody just disappears unexpectedly, and without any type of warning. People have long since forgotten that the person is gone, and then... Peter Pettigrew shows up on the Marauder's Map.

I thought to myself yesterday, "What do you blog about when you've been off the reservation for the better part of a year?" Well, how about why?!?

Perhaps you're asking...where have you been? The short answer is: "bricks & mortar." The longer answer begins with this: I grounded myself from all things blogging, and... You know...I'm just going to leave it at that. 8)

So, if you were enjoying my blogging, I do apologize for the not-so-brief lapse. If you weren't enjoying it, you're welcome. Also, I haven't read any blogs during this span either... If I missed anything, I hope you told me.

Why come back now?

-I talked to my buddy, Cary Graham (The Hack Novelist) the other day about his blog, and it must have called my writing spirit out of slumber.
-I also checked on Annie's blog the other day to find the sad status of "The Honda." I broke the no blog-reading rule...Hell, I might as well go all in with the writing part too.
-2010 may have been the craziest, best, worst, most-meaningful year of my life. 2011 is going to be a big year, and it's going to need to be documented.
-I've missed writing.

Anyway, not exactly a triumphant return, but seriously if I'd tried to blog about 313 days of material we'd be in quite the cluster right now. More exciting entries to follow...

In the words of Drew Jones, "I think it's safe to say, 'He's back!'"

3 comments:

  1. This makes me so very, very, very happy.

    2010 was one for the books - both the horror books and the epic ones. You know this. I know this. And we will leave it at that.

    Welcome back, favorite Graham.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think 2011 is going to be a pretty awesome year for every one of us that shared dinner tonight at Baja. Book it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes! I knew there was a reason I kept you on my google reader for those many silent months!

    ReplyDelete